Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Blog… My rules

June 4, 2014
Why do I dream?  Why do I dream about the future?  Why, sometimes, do I dream about the past? Why do I dream about sex, ice cream, falling, swimming cats, running, people I love, people I don't care about,being chased or chasing? Why do I dream about loud music, bright sounds and complete silence?  Why do I dream about people in my past, my current waking life and people I have never (yet) met? Why do you dream?

She appeared in my principal's office one morning without notice.  Fancy and clean, a touch snobby and put together in a stylish fashion. In a way, she thought she was better than everyone else (but this is my dream and my rules).  Her name was Fern Lawn and she was the new principal.  The office was bright and sunny and her dark blue business suit was clean and pressed and perfectly tailored.  She was here to run the show and knew exactly what she was doing.  No one asked any questions.  She was here to stay with her fancy mahogany matching desk set and engraved fountain pen set.   


Within two months of having this dream, my current and favorite boss/principal resigned and Fern Lawn has not entered my sleeping life more than once.  She is also a topic at dinner conversations and sometimes lunch.






No comments:

Post a Comment