Honky Baby-My Dream Blog
There are many reasons I am starting up a Dream Blog. My good friend did this a while ago and
I loved reading her blogs. Also, I
have too many dreams, sometimes several just in a night and just keeping a
dream journal is not enough. If you are offended easily by say....spelling errors or.... anything else, don’t read my dream
blog. In fact, I probably don’t know you and my dreams will not be very
interesting to you and if I do know you, or you know me, and you offend easily than oh well, because I have to put up with you also. I dream about events and they happen, I
dream about eating meatballs and creamy cupcakes, I dream about the living and
the dead…
The two things that make me cry to
talk about are Seattle and my Grandma.
I miss them everyday and I will continue to miss both for a very long
time. I dream about both often. I live with my amazing wife whom I will call…. "Dreamy
Green Eyes with Golden Speckles" or "Speckles" for short. (She choose that name for this
blog). We co-habitate with Rio the
dog and Sadie and Hazel the cats. They also respond very well to "BIGGIE" and "little-shit-who-bites-you-if-you-pat-her
and-bites-if-you-don’t". She has a very very loud meow and was found under a
porch by a co-worker in Seattle when she was just a kitten. When little gets issuey and bites and
Speckles gets mad, I calmly tell Speckles, “If you were abandoned under a
porch, you would have issues too.” End of conversation.
We hope to have kids one day. (We already have a rockin’ swing set where Speckles can often be found swinging, full speed, after a stressful day). My sister and our accountant like to remind us we should adopt
babies /toddlers who have special needs.
I like to remind them I do this all day and as much as I love my job and
my students, at the end of the day, especially after a particularly long day of
say…..doing a 15 minute restraint on a student who wants to tear apart a
classroom and bring several people down with him, I just want to come home to a
naughty, predictable, or boring kid whom we have had from the beginning. Which brings me to the dream that
inspired "Honky Baby… My Dream Blog".
Dream #1 Honky Baby…..
If you have not guessed by now, the name "Honky baby" is not in reference to a white trash baby but a baby that honks.
Please feel free to share your dreams or make a comment! Don't hold back just let it go.
My sister K. has adopted a toddler who was born with a
physical disability. The baby has
an unusually huge and long nose and honks when it talks. I say to K., “Do you just love your new baby?” The baby starts honking. The baby starts honking so loud I can't even hear K. talking. K looks at me and says, “One day I
will.”
No comments:
Post a Comment